9.05.2010

Long Overdue!

Hello blog world friends!

Many apologies for my silence.

Lots of things have been going on! I've been getting more responsibility at work, which I l-o-v-e, BC has been swamped with school work, and we've been spending our spare time doing wedding planning. I have to share now that we have: both sites secured, a florist, a photographer, a cake maker, a caterer, and, as of YESTERDAY--MY DRESS!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!

Now. I cannot share a picture. Although I am super excited about it. But BC is a reader of SJ, and I don't want him to see it and the surprise to be gone. Let me just say this: it is Ivory (gasp!), and is fitted (bigger gasp!), and is a style I never thought I would like. It was the 2nd dress I tried on and we were only in the store for an hour and a half!! GO ME!!! It fits great, and only needs to be hemmed a bit! Score! And I found my veil. I told the store clerk I deserve the Bride Who Gets Crap Done Award.

I also realized I have a great deal of arm fat to rid myself of by November.

There is a girl who planned her wedding the weekend before mine and has decided, even though I barely know who she is, that we are now in competition. I could care less. She informed me I would not be able to find a dress because I waited too late.

In lighter news, BC and I are finalists to win an engagement photography session with a photographer on FB! She isn't near us, but she travels, and luckily, so do we! So we'll have to figure out how that works! We'll do anything for free stuff. SO--to my blog world friends, I need help!!! If you want to help vote, it is SO simple, just let me know, and I'll e-mail you the instructions on how to. THANK YOU in advance! :)

2 comments:

Amie said...

My dress was ivory. It went better with my skin tone than stark white, PLUS (and more importantly, I think) the ivory dress had different colored beads in shades of ivory with silvery threads and pearls and stuff on it. The white version had all white crap. What's the point of all the embellishment if you can't even see it?

mrs. pie said...

arm fat is no bueno. i'm dealing with that now. :-/

any secrets on how you did it b/c you look B-E-A-UTIFUL in your pics!