6.20.2010

Happy Father's Day!

I have to take a little time out for a shout out to my Dad for Father's Day!

I have been very blessed with a wonderful father who is so very patient with me! He always did what he could to provide for our family, but would always step away from the work and drop everything if we needed him. I have tons of examples swirling around in my head of when he just dropped everything and came to either my or my Mom's aid.

In church this morning, the preacher discussed how some people have a difficult time creating a relationship with the Lord because their relationships with their own fathers are so damaged, or don't exist at all. I'm so thankful for a Dad who loved me completely and was always there for me, because it provided a foundation for when I began to build my relationship with my Heavenly Father.

Then I took all of those traits from all through the years when I was looking for my future husband. And I found him. Or he found me.

And now as I prepare to start my new life with BC, I know I'm grounded, from both of my parents, of how I want my relationship with my husband to look like.

I hope everyone took a minute to hug their Dad today! I did, and then I hugged my Mom for picking a good one :)

No comments: