8.14.2010

Instead of cleaning...

Goodness people, work weeks are LONG. Saturdays are SHORT. What's up with that?!

Work is tough! It makes me tired.

You say: Boooo, oh poor SJ.

I say: I know, right! Thanks for understanding!


But seriously. I am very fortunate and blessed to have found this job. I thank God all the time for this job.

Tons of things happen that I would love to share. Sometimes funny things, sometimes sad things, and sometimes just weird stuff people say that seriously, needs to be shared. But for now, those things will stay locked up in my head. Maybe I'll write it all down and after I die it can be read at my funeral.

In other news, yours truly turns the big 2-5 on Wednesday!! woohoo! I think! Unfortunately, we are on wedding diet right now. That means mayyyyyybe BC and I can split a cupcake. Maybe. Also, wedding diet SUCKS. I freaking HATE counting calories. HATE IT. I also HATE stepping on the scale and seeing that I gained weight over a day I tried to be really careful. I HATE that I am going to have to start back to the gym if I want to see any results. I HATE that this means I will have to get up at 5am now. I HATE that I can't just veg out and eat whatever I want to anymore. I HATE that the only chocolate I can eat comes either covered on a raisin or in a 100 calorie pack.

However, I am really hoping that our hard work will lead to ballin' wedding pics. We just hired our wedding photographer, and I am SUPER excited. She is really nice, and I think she does great work. We don't have a ton of money to work with for the wedding but we want to work with quality people, so that means we will have a very minimalistic theme. But that works with us more anyways.

Also, I went to a gun show with my dad today since BC is out of town! It was awesome. I think I was one of like 5 girls there, and might have been the only one not totally butch, wearing camo, or complete trailer trash. I'm thinking about getting a concealed weapons permit, but I want to practice a lot before I do all that. I want to be prepared for anything!

Yesterday I bought the book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, or something like that. I started reading it at the pool. I'm on page, like, 4 and I think I'm going to return it. I seriously can't find any good books to read. Maybe I'll just stick to the US Magazine.

2 comments:

Well-Sugared woman said...

I bought that book to read at the beach and I couldn't get into it then. I've picked it up a few times since then, but blah, I'd rather find something good. Wonder what all of the hype is about?!

Brittany said...

I keep thinking about ordering it, and then I read a review where someone says they either hated it or couldn't get into it.

I just read a cheesy chick-lit book that I liked. It's Emily Giffin's Love the one You're With. http://www.amazon.com/Love-One-Youre-Emily-Giffin/dp/0312348665/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281848549&sr=8-1