7.20.2011

DELICIOUS food!

Everyone who knows me know that I l.o.v.e. Pioneer Woman and Tasty Kitchen. I'm still getting my cooking legs, so I haven't really put any recipes up on the website yet, but I an really enjoying experiementing.

I had a recent bad blueberry muffin experience, and I was feeling down. BC was sweet enough to say they tasted ok. But I know the truth.

Anyway, I wanted to share some really delicious recipes: one that is tried and true and one that is new and so good!

Italian Sausage Sauce (modified from italianfoodforever)

- 1 lb ground Italian Sausage, mild or spicy
- 2 cans of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled & minced
- 3 TB olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dash red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp dried basil

In a small saucepan, saute the italian sausage. When cooked, drain. In another large saucepan, saute the onion in the olive oil until soft. Add the garlic. Saute for a minute of two. Add in the sausage. Add in the tomato sauce, then red pepper flakes and basil. Bring up to a boil and then let simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Seriously, y'all this is the best pasta sauce I've ever had. I will never ever eat a jarred pasta sauce again.

Next up:

Squishy and Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from The County Cook)

- 1 stick butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips/chunks

Cream butter and sugars together. Add the egg and vanilla and beat together well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into the mix. When all combined, throw in the chocolate and mix until chocolate is evenly mixed in. Scoop dough onto a cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls. Its best if you can bake the cookies on parchment paper. Cook for about 10-12 minutes at 375*. Cook for less or longer, depending on how gooey you like your cookies!

Sorry I don't have any pictures. I'll try to update and add some later.

Give these recipes a shot, you won't be disappointed!!!

No comments: