7.15.2011

Instant Latte!

So I meant to do this post a really long time ago because I had, like, taken pictures and, like, wanted to look all professional and cool.

But then it got messed up and I forgot. But now I remembered, so....you're welcome.

I discovered, thanks for the Food Network magazine, and super simple way to make a latte.

All you need is:
- fresh brewed coffee
- milk/half-and-half/cream, whatever you go with
- sugar/sweetener, if you use it
- whisk

1. Pour a little milk (or whatever you drink w/ your coffee) into a coffee cup. I used about 1/4 to 1/3 of the cup filled with milk.


2. Stick the cup into the microwave for 30-50 seconds, just enough to warm it up and not scald it. More or less depending on how much milk is in the cup.


3. Take the cup out of the microwave. Stick the whisk in the cup, into the milk. Put the whisk between your two palms and move them back and forth really fast (I don't have a picture of me doing this.) You'll start to see the milk get all frothy.

 


4. Pour in the coffee. It'll go right in and won't mess up the pretty frothiness on top of the cup! You can add any sugar or whatever at this point. If you whisked the milk for a long time, you won't have to worry about losing the fluff on top from the weight of the sugar/sweetener.




And voila! Instant latte. It works even better if you use milk with a higher fat content. I usually use skim, which gets you minimal fluffiness, but onetime I used half-and-half, and woah buddy, it looked amazing.

So, if you're poor like me, give this a try. It makes boring homemade coffee a little more exciting!

No comments: